Website Regis University
Administrative Manager, Porter-Billups Leadership Academy
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
10/09/2023 – 18 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
The Porter-Billups Leadership Academy (PBLA) is Regis University’s flagship college prep program. Established in 1996 by men’s basketball coach, Lonnie Porter, PBLA has grown from 22 students its first year to 225 in 2023. The three-week summer academy targets at-risk fourth through twelfth grade students with academic and leadership potential to successfully graduate from high school and have the opportunity to attend college.
The Academy is held on Regis University’s main Northwest Denver campus, which provides students with ongoing exposure to a college campus so they are comfortable once they are ready to attend themselves. PBLA graduates who successfully complete the multi-year participation requirement and qualify financially for admittance are provided with scholarships for tuition and fees to Regis University.
The Administrative Manager position is essential to the operation of the Porter-Billups Leadership Academy and reports directly to PBLA’s Executive Director. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, as the person in this position will interact with high level internal and external constituents on a daily basis, including Regis University faculty and staff, PBLA advisory board members, educators, students and alumni. The duties of this position are broad in scope and require the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks, possess exceptional organizational skills, and effectively handle a variety of highly varied tasks at the same time. This position requires poise and a highly visible and professional representation of the Porter-Billups Leadership Academy and of Regis University. In all cases, duties require exercising discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance in relation to PBLA and the University.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and coordinates goals, deadlines, and projects for PBLA.
- Manages logistics related to both the annual PBLA fundraising dinner and the annual PBLA Golf Tournament, including site arrangements, registration processes, volunteer coordination, promotional materials and program design, facility and vendor contracts, etc.
- Manages logistics related to other donor-based events as they occur
- Plans and manages 3-4 PBLA Advisory Board meetings annually.
- Develops and implements procedures to improve operations and the function of PBLA
- Establishes process improvements to ensure on-time task completion for the team
- Establishes and presents key performance indicators and metrics to stakeholders
- Assures quality and accuracy of information, both in computer files, document imaging, and hard copy correspondence files.
- Assists in onboarding and training new employees (contracted, work study students, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with Regis’ protocols, policies, and procedures
- Maintains database and generates reports using system and software tools, such as Colleague, Entrinsik Informer and Microsoft Excel.
- Manages technology integration
- Manages activities related to the PBLA website and promotional materials.
- Manages the PBLA operating and special events budgets, tracking revenue and expenses, paying invoices and other related activities.
- Manages all processes related to external consultants and contract personnel.
- Develops and implements operational procedures and systems and manages budgets and financial reports
- Work with vendors, contracts, etc.
- Serves as liaison to the Regis University Advancement Services Department to assure proper recording and stewardship of philanthropic gifts to PBLA, insuring that IRS requirements are met.
- Collaborates with the Advancement office as it relates to grant applications and other major gift fundraising opportunities.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the office
- Supports the Executive Director and Academy Director where applicable
- Project management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Scheduling and planning
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, preferably in a University setting.
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent people skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Advanced computer skills, the ability to manage data within a complex relational database required. Knowledge of a wide variety of software, including Microsoft Office and specialized database applications with a need for frequent upgrades
- Ability to work under time pressures and frequent requests from multiple sources each having their own timelines and constraints and with all levels of academic and administrative staff.
- Effective interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and capability to comprehend technical subjects required
- Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities, ability to interpret and evaluate policy and procedural requirements and produce and analyze data; effective written and oral communication skills
$50,000 – $52,000/annually commensurate with qualifications
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: ‘How ought we to live?’ Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-1b26d79cf467dd4a971fdf98e9535138
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.