Website Regis University
Administrative Assistant, Student Affairs
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
09/18/2023 – 21 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President/Dean of Students (Dean), the Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the Dean’s office. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the daily organization, administration, operational functions within the Dean of Students (DOS) office and serves as a central office support staff professional for current students, potential students, student staff, professional staff, vendors and contractors, and faculty/staff.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
– A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
– Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
– Options for flexible work
– Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the dean’s calendar including scheduling meeting locations, preparing and disseminating agendas and inviting participants, working with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective communication and efficient use of time.
- Demonstrates proficiency in identifying critical action items for the Dean’s Office.
- Plans and coordinates events and activities.
- Supports the dean in monitoring the budgets of offices and departments reporting to the DOS: Community Standards and Care, Housing and Residential Engagement, Military and Veteran Services, and Student Engagement and Leadership.
- Serves as the dean’s administrative support for institutional teams and committees, including the Financial Distress Committee, Starting Out at Regis (SOAR) and the Bias Incident Response Team.
- Coordinates logistics and prepares materials for Dean of Students Leadership meetings and CARE Team Meetings, taking minutes and confirming guest participation.
- Maintains and develops the AVP/Dean of Students website.
- Coordinates efforts to develop and maintain the social media plan for the AVP/Dean of Student’s Office.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the dean, including itineraries, transportation and lodging.
- Works closely with the director of Residence Life & Housing to maintain effective reports and records for the department.
- Works closely with the director of Community Standards & Care with student conduct and concern software (Maxient)-performing data entry, scheduling meetings, and offering case support.
- Prepares reports, maintains records, and performs related responsibilities as required.
- May supervise or direct the work of student staff.
- Supports and provides coverage for the assistant to the vice president of Student Affairs as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong computer competency and demonstrated exceptional Microsoft Office suite skill set including advanced knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Experience working with websites and social media.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize.
- Experience managing budgets and compiling reports with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- One year of experience providing operational and management support at a high level.
- Demonstrated track record of cultural sensitivity/awareness in collaborative settings.
- Strong customer service and support experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous relevant experience working in higher education and Student Affairs
- Broad understanding of the role Student Affairs programs and services play in contributing to student success.
- Knowledge of Maxient and various web platforms, including e-newsletters and social media.
$19.00 / hour
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: ‘How ought we to live?’ Regis University’s Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ce9ff98e2bbde245a93b4640fb7bf6c2
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.