A screenshot of our "I am Jesuit Educated" Profiles
Washington, DC – Today, the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) unveiled a new website, www.ajcunet.edu, with enhanced features and functionality that will help support the work of U.S. Jesuit institutions. One of the new elements of the site is an “I am Jesuit educated” campaign, featuring alumni/ae from the 28 U.S. Jesuit institutions.
“The campaign demonstrates that the power of a Jesuit education is found in the people that graduate from Jesuit schools,” said Melissa Collins Di Leonardo, AJCU Vice President for Communications. “We believe that the individuals profiled in our campaign embody the Jesuit ideal of the magis, or seeking excellence, and are using their education to serve others. We are proud to celebrate their achievements and the many ways they contribute to the common good.”
The AJCU site, which has been developed using a state-of-the-art content management system (CMS), offers many other new features including a mission and identity repository. The repository serves as a clearinghouse of information about the history of Jesuit higher education and the foundations of Ignatian Spirituality, and consists of high quality videos and publications that provide a deeper understanding of the Jesuit, Catholic character.
“One of the goals of the AJCU strategic plan is to enhance the capacity of the Association to assist member schools in nurturing their Catholic and Jesuit mission and identity,” said Rev. Gregory F. Lucey, S.J., president of the AJCU. “The repository assists us in meeting that objective.”
Other new features of the AJCU website include:
- Detailed profiles of member institutions, including institutional overviews, campus photos/maps, campus seals, quotes by the college/university presidents and links to college/university websites and viewbooks
- Biographical information and pictures of the AJCU Board of Directors
- An interactive U.S. map listing Jesuit colleges and universities across the country
- A redesigned Jesuit College Search that allows visitors to search for a Jesuit institution by field of study and geographic location
- A redesigned Job Bank, with easy navigation to find or post job openings at Jesuit institutions or affiliated institutions
- Password-protected areas for AJCU Conferences
- PDFs of new and existing publications with thumbnail cover images
“We have made every effort to make our new website a vibrant online space that is reflective of the Jesuit educational mission and values,” said Collins Di Leonardo. “We hope that the site serves as a valuable resource for our members and that it helps educate the media and the public about the dynamic world of Jesuit higher education.”